Crytek’s Hunt: Showdown, a multiplayer horror hunt game, has finally launched in early access mode. Since it’s early access, you can expect that there will be many issues in the game, such as FPS stuttering, lag, and so on.
This guide aims to boost your FPS so that the game becomes more playable. If you’re okay with your current settings, then these settings might enhance your gaming experience in Hunt: Showdown even more. We experienced an increase of FPS by up to 85% by following these optimizations!
First, you need to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements of the game and preferably the recommended system requirements as well.
Minimum System Requirements
Recommended System Requirements
Table of ContentsShow
Hunt: Showdown Graphics Settings
- Set Resolution to your monitor’s native resolution
- Set Window Mode to Fullscreen
- Disable V-Sync
- Disable Motion Blur
Hunt: Showdown Console Command Optimizations
Note: You can no longer open the console, so this optimization method no longer works.
- Open up the game, and you should already have noticed some FPS improvements if you have the FPS counter enabled in Steam
- Press the tilde key to open up the console
- Now enter r_TexturesStreamPoolSize <Your VRAM size in MB>
To find out how much VRAM you possess, click the Windows key and enter dxdiag. In there, you can find it in the display tab.
- Close the console again. Note that this has to be entered every time you start the game.