Middle-Earth: Shadow of War is a glorious game and you definitely want to use the best settings. A game is best enjoyed when it is played at its fullest potential, and we’ll help you do just that. First, make sure that you meet the minimum requirements for the game.
Minimum System Requirements
Recommended System Requirements
Table of ContentsShow
- If you have a laptop, ensure it’s running in Battery Performance mode.
- Close down other programs like Chrome.
- Open Manage 3D settings in the NVIDIA control panel.
- Open up the settings for Middle-Earth: Shadow of War and ensure everything is optimized.
- Set Resolution to 1080p (you can set up to 8K)
- Disable V-Sync
- Set Dynamic Resolution to the lowest you want to go down to
- Set Lighting, Shadows and Mesh to High
- Set Tessellation to On
- Set Depth of Field to something of your preference
- Set Ambient Occlusion to Medium
- Set Anti-Aliasing to TAA (temporal anti-aliasing)
- Set Texture Filtering to Ultra
And there you have it. If you’re running the game on 1080p and you meet the recommended specifications, you should be able to maintain above 60-70 FPS easily.