Note: Reshade is no longer allowed in PUBG. Instead, use NVIDIA Freestyle (for NVIDIA GPU owners), VibranceGUI, or adjust your hue/saturation settings (for AMD GPU owners) now.
I know a lot of people who agree with the following statement:
It’s often hard to see enemies in PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds).
Chances are, you can also relate to the statement above since you’re on this page looking for a method to increase visibility in the game. If not, then you’re most likely here to get better graphics in PUBG with ReShade, which this guide will also help you with.
If you want better frame rates in PUBG, then this guide is probably not for you, since ReShade will slightly decrease your FPS. It’s even not that much, but it’s there. Instead, you should configure the overall vibrancy in your graphics card CP.
This is called Digital Vibrance for NVIDIA graphics cards and Color Saturation for AMD graphics cards. You can use the tool VibranceGUI to have the settings activated for you in any game and then disabled when the game is exited.
If you want an even better solution than the above at the cost of a few FPS, then continue reading. After you’ve finished reading the guide, you will not only have increased your visibility, but you will also have removed blur, and you will enjoy better graphics in the game. Some people, however, dislike the vibrant colors.
If you prefer a video, here’s a nifty video guide on how to install and configure ReShade for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds.
Table of ContentsShow
Is ReShade Allowed? Will I Get Banned For Using ReShade?
No, you will not get banned for using ReShade. PlayerUnknown himself has stated that it is allowed to use ReShade.
ReShade Installation Guide for PUBG
- Click here to visit the official ReShade website
- Click on the purple Download button
- Open the program once you’ve finished downloading it and click on Select game
- Navigate to the directory of your game. Typically, it’s C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\PUBG\TslGame\Binaries\Win64
- Select TslGame.exe
- Now select Direct 3D 10+
- Click on Yes to the next two messages that pop up
- Now select all the effects that you want to install into your PUBG game. We recommend that you select the following effects since we consider that these are the best PUBG ReShade settings:
- Click on OK, and you’re done!
ReShade is now installed! Let us move on over to the configuration now.
ReShade Configuration Guide for PUBG
- Open PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Press SHIFT + F2 to view the ReShade configuration window
- Click on the + symbol at the top right corner and type a new for the new preset that you’re about to setup
- Now select the effects that you want to apply to the game by checking the box next to the name of the effect
- Press SHIFT + F2 to minimize the ReShade configuration window
- Your chosen effects will now be loaded every time you start the game
How Else Can I Improve My Visibility in PUBG?
It’s simple. Just make sure that your PUBG game is properly optimized and that you have the proper hardware and peripherals suited for the popular battle royale game.
This can, for example, be a good monitor for PUBG, but you should also look at a proper gaming mouse and gaming headset that are well suited for the game if you want to gain a competitive edge.