The Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War beta is here for PC, but it’s not running properly on a lot of devices.
People are having lag and stuttering issues, so we’ve made this guide to help you get more FPS in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and fix your issues.
The optimizations work on all game modes, including Multiplayer, Warzone and Zombies.
You’ll get a higher FPS, better performance overall and distracting features will be removed or reduced.
Let’s get started with the best optimization that you can do.
Table of ContentsShow
Update Your GPU Drivers
Before big game releases, NVIDIA and AMD often release driver updates that fix crashes, FPS issues, and more. We highly recommend that you check whether or not your GPU drivers are updated.
That’s certainly the case for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War as well.
Updating your GPU drivers is the first thing that you have to try. There’s often an update available when AAA games release or go into open beta.
The update for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare for NVIDIA is called GeForce Game Ready Driver v. 456.71, as seen below.
Once it has finished downloading, simply click on the green Express Installation and you are good to go once it has finished installing.
Best Keyboard & Mouse Settings For Black Ops Cold War
Let’s get started with the optimizations in the game!
- Open Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
- Click on Settings at the bottom left
- Make sure that you are in the Aim tab under Keyboard & Mouse
- If you’ve played Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (either Multiplayer or Warzone), then go ahead and choose the same Mouse Sensitivity settings value as you used there as it is the same here, and you don’t want all that muscle training for that sensitivity to be wasted.
We recommend that you set Mouse Sensitivity to 7.5 if you have a DPI of 450
- Set Vehicle Mouse Sensitivity Multiplier to 1.00
- Set Invert Vertical Look to Disabled
- Set ADS Mouse Sensitivity (Low Zoom) to 1.00
- Set ADS Mouse Sensitivity (High Zoom) to 1.00
- Set ADS Sensitivity Transition Timing to Gradual
- Under the Advanced section, set Vertical Sensitivity Multiplier to 1.00
- Set ADS Mouse Sensitivity Mode to Relative
- Set Monitor Distance Coefficient to 1.33
- Set Mouse Acceleration to 0
- Set Mouse Smoothing to Disabled
- Set Mouse Filtering to 0
- Click on the Gameplay tab
- Set Crouch Behavior to Toggle
- Set Prone Behavior to Toggle
- Set Sprint Behavior to Go To
- Set Walk Behavior to Hold
- Set Airborne Mantle Behavior to Automatic
- Under the Weapons Equipment section, set Aim Down Sight Behavior to Toggle
- Set Equipment Behavior to Hold
- Set Steady Aim Behavior to Toggle
- Under the Vehicles & Scorestreaks section, set Attack Vehicle Control Mode to Alternate
- Set Transport Vehicle Control Mode to Alternate
- Set Free Look Activation to Always Enabled
- Set Camera Recenter Delay to Short
- Under the Overlays & Shortcuts section, set Map Behavior to Toggle
- Set Scoreboard Behavior to Toggle
- Set Danger Ping Behavior to Toggle
- Under the Advanced section, set Auto Sprint to Disabled
- Set Sprint Cancels Reload to Disabled
- Set Mouse Wheel Input Delay to 0
- Set Weapon Switch Wraparound to Enabled
- Set Depleted Ammo Weapon Switch to Enabled
- Set System Key Behavior to Game. You don’t want to accidentally hit that pesky Windows key by accident
The default keybinds are fine for most people, but if you want to use the same keybinds as shroud, then look at the table below.
|Toggle Firing Mode||B|
|Lethal Equipment||Middle Mouse Button|
Best Graphics Settings For Black Ops Cold War
And now comes the fun part – the graphics settings!
This is where you can really boost the performance of CoD: Black Ops Cold War on your PC.
- Make sure that you are in the Graphics tab
- Set Display Mode to Fullscreen for the best performance
- Set Refresh Rate to the highest native refresh rate of your monitor. So for example, if you have a 240Hz monitor, you should set it to 240Hz
- Set Gameplay V-Sync to Disabled
- Set Menu V-Sync to Disabled
- Set Render Resolution to 100. If you still have performance issues after applying all the other performance optimizations, then this is the setting that you want to lower
- Set Aspect Ratio to Automatic
- Under the Display section, set Colorblind Type to your personal liking. Even if you are not colorblind, you may still want to try tweaking with this setting as it may make enemies and objects more visible to you
- Set Field of View to 100. Having higher values will impact your FPS negatively
- Set ADS Field of View to Affected. This ensures that aiming down sights will not zoom in as much, making it easier to control your recoil
- Set Brightness to 50 or similar
- Set Framerate Limit to Custom
- Set Gameplay Custom Framerate Limit to 300
- Set Menu Custom Framerate Limit to 60
- Under the Details & Textures section, set Texture Quality to Medium. Set this to Low if you are playing Warzone or if you have a GPU with a low amount of VRAM
- Set Texture Filtering Quality to Low
- Set Model Quality to Low
- Set Special Effects Quality to Medium
- Set Screen Space Reflection to Low
- Set Object View Distance to Low
- Under the Shadow & Lighting section, set Volumetric Lighting to Low
- Set Shadow Quality to Low
- Set Dynamic Shadows to All. You want to be able to see enemy shadows for extra visibility
- Set Special Effects Shadows to Disabled
- Set Weapon Shadow to Disabled
- Under the Post Processing Effects section, set Anti-Aliasing Quality to Low for SMAA 1x anti-aliasing.
- Set Motion Blur to Disabled. This gives you extra visibility when turning
- Set Subsurface Scattering to Disabled
- Set Order Independent Transparency to Disabled
- Under the Advanced section, set Display Gamma to Computer (sRGB) if you are using a monitor or HDTV (rec.709) if you are using a TV
- Set Display Adapter to your dedicated graphics card if the auto-select option does not choose it for some reason
- Set CPU Priority Management to Manual
Best Audio Settings For Black Ops Cold War
Let’s improve the audio settings a bit to make sure they are properly optimized for everyone.
- Make sure that you are in the Audio tab
- Set Audio Presets to Bass Boost
This will make footsteps, weapon fire and grenade sounds more easy to hear than the default Treyarch Mix audio preset.
Best Interface Settings For Black Ops Cold War
You can improve the overall gameplay experience by adjusting some of the interface settings, but we find the default settings fine.
You should try to play around with these interface settings and adjust to your liking.